Powered by Blogger.

Homemade face wash

Wow! It has been a  while since I have been on here! Pinterest inspired me and I guess I couldn't get off  long enough to blog! So anyways, here I am to talk about....face wash....There are so many washes at the drug stores and none of them ever helped my skin. I think they did more damage than good with all the junk that's in them. I was using Mary Kay for a while and ran out, so I found some recipes for some homemade face washes (which there are TONS.....Google it sometime).Well, I tried a lot of different ones and really liked the honey and baking soda one the best. The honey cleanses and the baking soda exfoliates. I have used this for quite a few months now and haven't had any zits. I dont really measure when I am mixing, I just try to get the constitency of glue. Well, lately it has been really irritating going back and forth from the bathroom to the kitchen to get the honey and bs. My handsoap bottle was out so I decided to clean it out really good and make it my own facewash bottle....tada!!! I am so proud of myself! So here is what I did:

This isn't the old soap bottle but it's the same kind I used. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of honey, 2 Tbsp of baking soda and about 1 Tbsp of water. Mix together until it is the consistancy of liquid soap. Use funnel to pour the mix into your dispenser. Replace label with a homemade one if you like. Voila!
 
One squirt per wash keeps face feeling like a baby's bottom. I recommend washing twice a day and you can also use it as a mask and leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse but always wash  with hot and rinse with cold. Hope you enjoy the wash as much as I do!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

Thank you so much. I love home made items, especially without those toxic chemicals.
Donna K [mid California]

Post a Comment

  © Everything in-between

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates