Powered by Blogger.

How do you plan your meals?
First I check my pantry and fridge to see what I have....
I would show you my fridge but I realized today that it definitely needs to be cleaned out!I like to check my freezer first and work around what we have such as a whole chicken,ground turkey,tomato sauce(lasagna,spaghetti,etc.)and use the ingredients that you have.Then I will write down snack,breakfast,lunch,dinner and a 7 day menu.On one sheet I write my menu and the other I write my grocery list.I like to buy whole chickens and use the leftover for meals throughout the week.I will also buy dried beans,make a double batch of waffles,make homemade bread,etc. and freeze them.
Why do you plan your meals?
I plan my meals because it take all the guess work out.I don't like guessing what is for dinner and having to go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week just for a couple items.I think you tend to spend more money just taking small trips rather than one big trip.It also helps me  to not overeat since I know what I will be eating for the whole week.Since I have been planning my meals,I have lost 10 pounds in 3 months..woohoo.Go me!

So..what are your meals?
So here is the menu starting monday...
snacks
grapes with mozarella cheese(eat them together and it taste like cheescake without the guilt)
handful of mized nuts
parfaits(vanilla yogurt,granola,and blueberries...yum,yum)
popcorn
apples
carrots
Lunch
Kale soup
bowtie pasta with spinach
Tilapia,baked potato,zucchini
Pita sandwiches
quesadillas(black beans,corn,chicken,cheese)
chicken salad(will be eating twice this week)
Dinner
Turkey meatloaf,fresh green beans,and mashed potatoes
Kabobs(chicken,pepper,mushrooms,and steak(for honey,momma doesn't eat steak)
Turkey burgers and sweet potato fries in the oven
White chicken chili
Super salad(may make some homemade bread to go with it)
Chicken fajitas with refried beans
french bread pizza,salad(that way I can make honey's side with meat and my side with veggies)

3 comments:

Lisa September 10, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Love meal planning.. we do ours for 2 weeks! BTW, love your blog! :)

Anonymous,  September 11, 2011 at 5:48 AM  

Thanks Lisa.I used to plan my meals for two weeks but I was always having to go back a week later for produce and for some reason,kept forgetting things on my grocery list.BTW,love your blog too:)

country pumpkins September 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Your blog is wonderful!!! I love it!!

Post a Comment

  © Everything in-between

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates